Notice: Do not use the above line art it is NOT for free use!
Download for full view.
Somewhat requested by and dedicated to
Basically it is how I turn my pencil sketches to clean pixel line art.
Above are some of the different steps and below are the actual steps written out for you to understand the method.
1. Scan your finished sketch into your computer.
2. Re-size the image to suit your needs.
3. At this point you can either upload it into Gimp or any other program and posterize to reduce the amount of colors. OR you could use paint and save it as a 16 Color Bitmap to get the colors down as well.
4. Now that the colors are down you can clean up the image to make drawing over it easier.
5. Now you can make the real lines for your image with different colors for each section it will make recoloring easier trust me.
6. Erase all the sketch lines underneath.
7. Recolor the lines to the colors you want.
8. Fix any problems you have with your finished line art and color it it.
I hope this makes sense and helps some of you out. Thanks for reading.